Godly women are a huge part of the Word. There are a ton of examples of how courageous, patient, kind, obedient, and loving they are, which are: Sarah, Hannah, Priscilla, Naomi, Mary Magdalene, and Mary (Mother of God) just to name a few. These women understood their role and were not afraid to stand up for their faith and to please God in any way they could. Whoever told you women are not mentioned or played a very small role compared to the men greatly misled you.
Here are 20 biblical scriptures of examples of these Godly women and how to be women of God yourself:
1. A gracious woman obtaineth honor; And violent men obtain riches. ‘ Proverbs 11:16
2. ‘having been reminded of the unfeigned faith that is in thee; which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and, I am persuaded, in thee also. to Timothy, my beloved child: Grace, mercy, peace, from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers in a pure conscience, how unceasing is my remembrance of thee in my supplications, night and day longing to see thee, remembering thy tears, that I may be filled with joy; For which cause I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee through the laying on of my hands. ‘ 2 Timothy 1:2-6
3.’Every wise woman buildeth her house; But the foolish plucketh it down with her own hands. He that walketh in his uprightness feareth Jehovah; But he that is perverse in his ways despiseth him. ‘ Proverbs 14:1-2
4. ‘And she said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding, the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honor; for Jehovah will sell Sisera into the hand of a woman. And Deborah arose, and went with Barak to Kedesh. And Barak called Zebulun and Naphtali together to Kedesh; and there went up ten thousand men at his feet: and Deborah went up with him. ‘ Judges 4:9-10
5. ‘Now the name of the man was Nabal; and the name of his wife Abigail; and the woman was of good understanding, and of a beautiful countenance: but the man was churlish and evil in his doings; and he was of the house of Caleb. ‘ 1 Samuel 25:3
6. ‘Give her of the fruit of her hands; And let her works praise her in the gates. Grace is deceitful, and beauty is vain; But a woman that feareth Jehovah, she shall be praised. Her children rise up, and call her blessed; Her husband also , and he praiseth her, saying : Many daughters have done worthily, But thou excellest them all. ‘ Proverbs 31:28-31
7. ‘And God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them: and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. ‘ Genesis 1:27-28
8. ‘She girdeth her loins with strength, And maketh strong her arms. ‘ Proverbs 31:17
9. ‘Strength and dignity are her clothing; And she laugheth at the time to come. She openeth her mouth with wisdom; And the law of kindness is on her tongue. ‘ Proverbs 31:25-26
10. ‘She considereth a field, and buyeth it; With the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard. ‘ Proverbs 31:16
11. ‘Ye husbands, in like manner, dwell with your wives according to knowledge, giving honor unto the woman, as unto the weaker vessel, as being also joint-heirs of the grace of life; to the end that your prayers be not hindered. as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose children ye now are, if ye do well, and are not put in fear by any terror. ‘ 1 Peter 3:6-7
12. ‘Women in like manner must be grave, not slanderers, temperate, faithful in all things. Let deacons be husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. And let these also first be proved; then let them serve as deacons, if they be blameless. ‘ 1 Timothy 3:10-12
13. ‘Nevertheless, neither is the woman without the man, nor the man without the woman, in the Lord. For as the woman is of the man, so is the man also by the woman; but all things are of God. ‘ 1 Corinthians 11:11-12
14. ‘but let it be the hidden man of the heart, in the incorruptible apparel of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. Whose adorning let it not be the outward adorning of braiding the hair, and of wearing jewels of gold, or of putting on apparel; For after this manner aforetime the holy women also, who hoped in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their own husbands: ‘ 1 Peter 3:3-5
15. ‘Wives, be in subjection unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, as Christ also is the head of the church, being himself the saviour of the body. But as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives also be to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself up for it; that he might sanctify it, having cleansed it by the washing of water with the word, that he might present the church to himself a glorious church , not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. Even so ought husbands also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his own wife loveth himself: for no man ever hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as Christ also the church; because we are members of his body. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh. This mystery is great: but I speak in regard of Christ and of the church. Nevertheless do ye also severally love each one his own wife even as himself; and let the wife see that she fear her husband.’ Ephesians 5:22-33
16. ‘There can be neither Jew nor Greek, there can be neither bond nor free, there can be no male and female; for ye all are one man in Christ Jesus. ‘ Galatians 3:28
17. ‘Finally, be strong in the Lord, and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places . Wherefore take up the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; withal taking up the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one . And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: with all prayer and supplication praying at all seasons in the Spirit, and watching thereunto in all perseverance and supplication for all the saints, and on my behalf, that utterance may be given unto me in opening my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. ‘ Ephesians 6:10-20
18. ‘But we all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are transformed into the same image from glory to glory, even as from the Lord the Spirit.’ 2 Corinthians 3:18
19. ‘that aged women likewise be reverent in demeanor, not slanderers nor enslaved to much wine, teachers of that which is good; that they may train the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sober-minded, chaste, workers at home, kind, being in subjection to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed: ‘ Titus 2:3-5
20. ‘Therefore let us also, seeing we are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising shame, and hath sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. ‘ Hebrews 12:1-2
Unfortunately, this world teaches the opposite of how God wants us to act. Fortunately, we have the Word to teach us. As women we are naturally nurturing, child-bearers, strong yet gentle, patient, kind, so why aren’t all of us followers of Christ?
Read these scriptures every day to remind yourself that YOU are a woman of God so find yourself a Godly man, obey him, and be fruitful and multiply. God wanted men and women to be partners in life not to fight and grow farther away.
God bless you all.