The best gift you can give Mom on Mother’s Day isn’t flowers, candy, a spa day, a trip, or even money. I’m sure these things won’t hurt and your Mom would appreciate anything you can give to her. The best gift you can give your Mom or any Mom on Mother’s Day is reminding her that she is special and God loves her.
Being a Mom is the hardest job on earth and it can be a thankless job to boot. I am not a Mother yet but I have a Mom who is wonderful plus most of my friends are young Moms. I also have a sister who is a Mom-to-be and my whole family is extremely excited to welcome the baby when she arrives.
Remind all the Moms in your life that Jesus is on her side especially on those really hard days. Here are seven biblical scriptures below that you can read to your Mom on Mother’s Day:
1. ‘To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: ‘Ecclesiastes 3:1
2. ‘ Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. ‘ Matthew 7:16-18
3. ‘But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. ‘ Luke 18:16
4. ‘ For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. ‘ John 13:15
5. ‘Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. ‘ Hebrews 7:25
6. ‘It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. ‘ Lamentations 3:22-23
7. ‘Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: ‘ Philippians 1:6
You can even get creative with the scriptures by printing them out and framing for Mom or personalizing a mug, blanket, or pillow for her so when she is feeling down she knows Jesus is always HERE for her.
Have a Happy and Blessed Mother’s Day!