“Seize the day!” How many times have you heard someone say this to you? Everyday? Once a week? Once a month? Once a year? I’m sure you have heard it many times throughout your life, however, did anyone ever give you some pointers on how to achieve this? Well for me I have heard this quote many times in English and in Latin, but never really understood how until NOW.
God can teach you how to achieve this through biblical scriptures! Also pray for courage, strength, and understanding from Jesus. Patience and discipline are also key! Like many, I am guilty of feeling discouraged most of the time until I remember one simple thing: I AM NOT ALONE! Jesus is on my side rooting from me to SUCCEED, even when it seems like no one else is.
Here are 7 Biblical Verses that can help you “Seize the day” through the love and strength of Jesus Christ:
1. ‘But let each man prove his own work, and then shall he have his glorying in regard of himself alone, and not of his neighbor. For each man shall bear his own burden. ‘ Galatians 6:4-5
2. ‘Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. ‘ Philippians 4:8
3. ‘And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of Jehovah it shall be provided. ‘ Genesis 22:14
4. ‘And I also say unto thee, that thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. ‘ Matthew 16:18
5. ‘Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in thy sight, O Jehovah, my rock, and my redeemer.’ Psalms 19:14
6. ‘Pleasant words are as a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. ‘ Proverbs 16:24
7. ‘I can do all things in him that strengtheneth me. ‘ Philippians 4:13
Next time you feel unfocused, unmotivated, or stuck in a bad place with your negative thoughts just start reading these verses and praying. Remember God has a plan for us all and sometimes it doesn’t make sense to us but it does to Him.
Please share another encouraging thought, verse, or your story of triumph in the comments below. Lets all help and motivate one another because that is what God wants us to do.
God bless you all!
Credit: Seize the Day Bible Plan, Encouraging Bible Verses of Strength.