If you are like me or most people in this world today you battle with sleepless nights on regular bases. I’m sure you have tried all the remedies with little or no luck, but have you ever just given your insomniac issues up to God? It’s funny how we search and try out solutions from ourselves or others instead of just asking God what to do. This use to be a major struggle for me and still is at times, however I have learned through reading the Bible and praying that we can give God our worries and let him figure it out. Amen!
God actually wants us to look to Him for guidance and He is more than happy to help us out with anything that we are struggling with ANYTHING. Isn’t that a huge weight and comfort to know this? It sure was for me, so now I am passing on the GOOD NEWS. Take a look at seven ways on how to cope with your sleepless nights:
1. Give every anxiety to Him in prayer. ‘If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatsoever ye will, and it shall be done unto you. ‘ John 15:7
2. Pray for others. ‘doing nothing through faction or through vainglory, but in lowliness of mind each counting other better than himself; not looking each of you to his own things, but each of you also to the things of others. ‘Philippians 2:3-4
3. Commit scripture to memory. ‘For God gave us not a spirit of fearfulness; but of power and love and discipline. ‘ 2 Timothy 1:7
4. Think about ways you can help others within your community. ‘Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. ‘ Galatians 6:2
5. Praise God for His faithfulness. ‘Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when neither in this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, shall ye worship the Father. Ye worship that which ye know not: we worship that which we know; for salvation is from the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth: for such doth the Father seek to be his worshippers. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth. ‘ John 4:21-24
7. Give the coming day over to God. ‘fear thou not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. ‘ Isaiah 41:10
Let me know if the method of faith, prayer, and patience helped you catch those extra Z’s. I would also like to hear your trials and tribulations when it comes to your “sleepless nights” and the methods that you use to try to get some nice restful sleep. Remember to always give it up to God first then He will guide you.